Turning 47 Years Old Tomorrow...
This year's birthday feels different from previous years for the following reasons:
1. I have lost a total of 48 pounds and feelin' the best about myself than I have in years!
2. I am not a mother, have no future plans to become a mother, don't think about it much as I used to and I am so fine with that.
3. Unless I say the number "47" and give it some thought as in 3 more years I will be 50, I seriously can't believe it nor do I feel it (most of the time, LOL).
4. When hubs asked me the other day what I wanted for my birthday, I truly can't think of anything because at this moment in time I am truly happy with what I have...a new home, new neighborhood, great friends and family.
5. I also have had this different way of looking at things that has happened in the last year with my new lifestyle. I realized that a huge part of why I use to shop a lot was to fill the empty void I was feeling - clothes was a way to hid the "weight" I was carrying/to help me look leaner to the outside world. Shopping for food brought me immediate comfort of something tasting good for that moment in my mouth. Shopping for things I didn't really need, but thought I wanted, again was filling up a "void" I felt needed to be full (unhappiness at how my life turned out...childless).
Now, I look at material stuff differently. I ask myself any time I get the urge to purchase something...do I really need it?, will it make my life "whole"? or is it pretty and I just want it? I would say 9 times out of 10, I end up not buying it. The food shopping has changed as well, I know what I need to eat to stay on this low carb eating plan and I stick to my list. Sure there are foods I pass by in the store that aren't on my list and it is tempting, but again, I ask myself the question, do I really need it, will it make my life whole or is it just for a moment and then forever on my hips? Again, I end up not buying it. I am finding that this technique works for me.
6. Finding true friends...making the effort to engage more with people. We have found another couple who we adore over the last year and I believe it is mutual. Good friends should be treasured.
7. Living in the moment...simply enjoying what each day brings and being glad to be alive and healthy.
1. I have lost a total of 48 pounds and feelin' the best about myself than I have in years!
2. I am not a mother, have no future plans to become a mother, don't think about it much as I used to and I am so fine with that.
3. Unless I say the number "47" and give it some thought as in 3 more years I will be 50, I seriously can't believe it nor do I feel it (most of the time, LOL).
4. When hubs asked me the other day what I wanted for my birthday, I truly can't think of anything because at this moment in time I am truly happy with what I have...a new home, new neighborhood, great friends and family.
5. I also have had this different way of looking at things that has happened in the last year with my new lifestyle. I realized that a huge part of why I use to shop a lot was to fill the empty void I was feeling - clothes was a way to hid the "weight" I was carrying/to help me look leaner to the outside world. Shopping for food brought me immediate comfort of something tasting good for that moment in my mouth. Shopping for things I didn't really need, but thought I wanted, again was filling up a "void" I felt needed to be full (unhappiness at how my life turned out...childless).
Now, I look at material stuff differently. I ask myself any time I get the urge to purchase something...do I really need it?, will it make my life "whole"? or is it pretty and I just want it? I would say 9 times out of 10, I end up not buying it. The food shopping has changed as well, I know what I need to eat to stay on this low carb eating plan and I stick to my list. Sure there are foods I pass by in the store that aren't on my list and it is tempting, but again, I ask myself the question, do I really need it, will it make my life whole or is it just for a moment and then forever on my hips? Again, I end up not buying it. I am finding that this technique works for me.
6. Finding true friends...making the effort to engage more with people. We have found another couple who we adore over the last year and I believe it is mutual. Good friends should be treasured.
7. Living in the moment...simply enjoying what each day brings and being glad to be alive and healthy.

Happy Birthday! What a great post and a greater feeling.I am in that place too. I feel happy. I don't think about what is not, but rather, what is. And that feels great. Congratulations on your weight loss and maintenance successes...inspiring. Here's to another 47 being better than the first. Cheers! And happy birthday, again. :-)
ReplyDeleteKelly
www.alovelylifeindeed.com
Happy belated birthday! You look gorgeous! What an amazing achievement to be able to lose so much weight and then keeping up with the healthy diet as well as recognizing what triggers you to buy stuff. Loving your list. :-)
ReplyDeleteA belated happy birthday. And you look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteAdding my belated birthday wishes! :) Here's to a wonderful year ahead for you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, you look great! I'm very jealous of your ability to lose weight. It's tough and you should be super proud!
ReplyDelete