Finally in Our New Home....

I have been waiting for this moment where I could write that "title" for over 7 years now as that is how long it has taken us to be homeowners again. This process was so stressful and unlike our other home buying purchases in the past. We had a couple of things on our own end that didn't help move the process along, but mostly it was the seller that caused it to be stressful and so unpredictable.

I am happy to report in the end "all's well that ends well" - as my realtor quoted recently to me. In his 12 years of being a realtor this was the most difficult sale he has ever had, but he was such a great supporter/resource to us in helping us thru this process. He lives in the town we purchased in and he and his wife are business owners as well in town so they are such great people to go to for help in getting to know our new community.

As of last Monday when we closed at 5 p.m., we started moving in. It was a long week of getting settled in, unpacking, setting up, getting deliveries of our new sectional sofa and new washer and dryer and many trips to the home improvement stores, but we loved every minute of it because it is "ours", even with our tired and sore muscles!

There is something to be said about taking pride in what is yours versus when you rent. We always took care of the rental properties we occupied for the last seven years to the best of our abilities, but the true caring you feel when it is your own home is much more rewarding and satisfying to us.

I truly believe we have found our dream home and have plans to make it into that. This house has good "bones", we felt it when we saw it for the first time. E finally has the work space he has so wished for to do his home business in and I have the big kitchen I have always wanted to cook in.

I have already pick out paint colors from the Eddie Bauer paint collection that I am dying to get up on the walls. I think the first room we will tackle is the den with the fireplace as the previous owner was using it with a wood stove (which he removed) a lot and I just can't seem to get that ashy smell and black sout marks off those walls.

I am back at work and all I keep thinking about is putting in my hours here and going home to work on house projects. I am sure as time goes on that will fade somewhat, but I am a true homebody by nature.

We are feeling truly blessed right now.

Comments

  1. Ohhhhh CONGRATULATIONSSSS to you both! My goodness how complicated it sounded, but I'm glad that you can now start decorating and filling up your dream house. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!! :-D Can we have some pictures later on? HE HE HE HE HE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You had me at big kitchen! ;-) Happy cooking! And all the best, forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts