What's new in my neighborhood?
Well, since you asked, I will tell...nothing really exciting and for what I can see when reading a few other bloggers, we are all feeling the same way...just getting thru life's daily routine.
I have been spotting lately...it started last Friday on the way home from work. Felt cramps coming on in the car on the drive home and just thought it was an upset stomach and was surprised when I went to the bathroom. It didn't hang around long, only about an day, but it is back again this morning...which I thought was alittle odd and I wasn't prepared either like last time. Guess my body is adjusting to the hormones and who knows I might get an actual normal period along the way...boy that would be something (and it has happened...now on Friday - it's full-blown and wearing a normal size pad...even bleed onto my underwear a couple of times...OMG, so not use to this!). I am not particularly fond of the cramps that are accompanying this as of late, but I am dealing. I will take them any day over hot flashes. I am sleeping so much better these days that it has made me realize how badly sleep depreived I was prior. My foot is also getting better each day and I think out of all the splint that I wear at night is the key. I am just hoping that by the summer time, I won't have to wear it and that I will be able to wear flip flops again.
V-day yesterday was good. E had school last night so I made him dinner when he got home and also made up some cinnamon buns (out of can from Trader Joe's) for our dessert...they are huge and yummy! I went and got my haircut and highlighted last night while he as at school...came out pretty well. E got me the sweetest card...they really do get better and better as the years roll on (it will be 11 years this July we have been together...where has the time gone?). Normally in the past years on V-day we have gone out for dinner that evening, but with E having school and it being during the work week...we went out last Sunday to the Olive Garden instead.
Work is still going well. I am taking some vacation days next week...we get Monday, President's Day, so I am taking Tues and Wed to extend the long weekend. Going to spend some that time with my sister and Dad. My sister who is a teacher in another town has the entire week off from her school. Going to do some shopping and lunch out with her. My dad has been doing great health-wise, not bad for 92 years old. He looks forward to me staying over as well...after all I am the "baby" of the family in his eyes. Think I will bring my bread machine along and make him some homemade bread...he use to love when my mom would do that, of course, she did it all by hand...god bless her as I prefer the machine.
Taking our older cat, Dora back to the vet this Friday afternoon for a recheck on her bloodwork and check her weight. She still seems skinny and does on certain days pee more in the litterbox, so I am expecting a change in her bloodwork - working towards renal failure I am sure. It makes me sad to think we ended up with another cat with kidney failure as I have seen what they go thru. Don't judge me too harshly when I say we aren't going to go to extra (costly) measures like we did with our first cat, Jasmine. Our hearts and finances just can't take that. Please pray that whatever time she has left with us will be peaceful for all.
I have been spotting lately...it started last Friday on the way home from work. Felt cramps coming on in the car on the drive home and just thought it was an upset stomach and was surprised when I went to the bathroom. It didn't hang around long, only about an day, but it is back again this morning...which I thought was alittle odd and I wasn't prepared either like last time. Guess my body is adjusting to the hormones and who knows I might get an actual normal period along the way...boy that would be something (and it has happened...now on Friday - it's full-blown and wearing a normal size pad...even bleed onto my underwear a couple of times...OMG, so not use to this!). I am not particularly fond of the cramps that are accompanying this as of late, but I am dealing. I will take them any day over hot flashes. I am sleeping so much better these days that it has made me realize how badly sleep depreived I was prior. My foot is also getting better each day and I think out of all the splint that I wear at night is the key. I am just hoping that by the summer time, I won't have to wear it and that I will be able to wear flip flops again.
V-day yesterday was good. E had school last night so I made him dinner when he got home and also made up some cinnamon buns (out of can from Trader Joe's) for our dessert...they are huge and yummy! I went and got my haircut and highlighted last night while he as at school...came out pretty well. E got me the sweetest card...they really do get better and better as the years roll on (it will be 11 years this July we have been together...where has the time gone?). Normally in the past years on V-day we have gone out for dinner that evening, but with E having school and it being during the work week...we went out last Sunday to the Olive Garden instead.
Work is still going well. I am taking some vacation days next week...we get Monday, President's Day, so I am taking Tues and Wed to extend the long weekend. Going to spend some that time with my sister and Dad. My sister who is a teacher in another town has the entire week off from her school. Going to do some shopping and lunch out with her. My dad has been doing great health-wise, not bad for 92 years old. He looks forward to me staying over as well...after all I am the "baby" of the family in his eyes. Think I will bring my bread machine along and make him some homemade bread...he use to love when my mom would do that, of course, she did it all by hand...god bless her as I prefer the machine.
Taking our older cat, Dora back to the vet this Friday afternoon for a recheck on her bloodwork and check her weight. She still seems skinny and does on certain days pee more in the litterbox, so I am expecting a change in her bloodwork - working towards renal failure I am sure. It makes me sad to think we ended up with another cat with kidney failure as I have seen what they go thru. Don't judge me too harshly when I say we aren't going to go to extra (costly) measures like we did with our first cat, Jasmine. Our hearts and finances just can't take that. Please pray that whatever time she has left with us will be peaceful for all.
Comments
Post a Comment