Lovin My Life, but Hating My Body...
Why is it that when you have one part of your life going right, there is always another part that is not? My professional life has changed so much in the last 4 months for the better that I am finally enjoying my career and the non stress of it all, but I am totally frustrated with my body. I tried for 3 months to do the "watching what I ate" - writing everything down on FitnessPal.com and going to the gym and taking 30 minute walks along the walking path at the community center and I didn't lose any weight. Then to have the ankle and knee pain happen at the same time - didn't help matters. Both are feeling better, but not 100%, but still have been keeping up the walking (not so much the gym in over a month) and did the start for a few days and then stopped the tracking of what I ate. I still don't think that this weight issue is about all about the food I am eating because I am not a fast food junkie and we really do eat at home 6 days out of 7 during the week. When I food shop, I always purchase lots of veggies and fruits and we are good for having a veggie almost every night with dinner. I eat fruit and or veggies almost every day during the week at work for (for example, today's lunch will be red grapes, hummus and thin pretzels with little salt...how bad is that?) I just feel like this pre-menopausal stuff (even though I have now been on HRT for almost 2 months) has done the damage to my inability to lose the weight. I have read many articles and blogs on the internet over the past month from many women in my age group (40 and over) that are having a terrible time losing weight while going thru menopause and it was never like this before for them and this is how it is for me now too. Prior when I watched my food intake and exercised I would always lose some weight. It has been since my second miscarriage (which is 2 years this month) that I have gained 15 pounds...UGH!
I have a follow-up appt. today with my gyn who specializes in menopause and I will be having a chat with her about all of this to see what her take is. I had my thyroid checked about 2 years ago and it was normal - maybe that? I need a plan and something that is going to work where I won't feel deprevied, but will also see results.
If I can fix this part, then life will be pretty good going forward.
P.S. I am very lightly spotting this morning as well...oh joy...just give me alittle more break in between, PLEASE! It will be two weeks again for AF if she comes. Will be definitely mentioning this to doc today as well.
I have a follow-up appt. today with my gyn who specializes in menopause and I will be having a chat with her about all of this to see what her take is. I had my thyroid checked about 2 years ago and it was normal - maybe that? I need a plan and something that is going to work where I won't feel deprevied, but will also see results.
If I can fix this part, then life will be pretty good going forward.
P.S. I am very lightly spotting this morning as well...oh joy...just give me alittle more break in between, PLEASE! It will be two weeks again for AF if she comes. Will be definitely mentioning this to doc today as well.
You are definitely NOT alone. I lost 35+ pounds on Weight Watchers when I was 30 -- and I didn't even exercise regularly. I have all that weight back now & then some -- doing many of the same things, diet-wise and walking a lot more -- and it has been much, much harder to lose, the older I've gotten. I keep losing and regaining the same damned five pounds. :p Good luck -- would love to know what your dr says!
ReplyDeleteNope, you're not alone. Even ten years ago, I lost weight easily. Now I'm doing the same things, exercising regularly (less intensely though - I was training for a half marathon ten years ago and I definitely amd not now), and I do not seem to lose what I need to lose. Worse, when I have a few weeks not doing anything - like at the moment I'm quite sick - even though I'm not eating, I feel as if I've put on weight. (I'm too scared to stand on the scales).
ReplyDelete